On October 16-18th, the 21st PA-AHDI annual meeting was held at the beautiful Marriott in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The theme was “A Quilting Bee of Knowledge.” If you didn’t have a chance to attend our meeting, we missed you! We had a variety of speakers sharing with us medicolegal presentations; medical lectures on genetic diseases, weight loss, and the da Vinci Surgical system; stories of personal triumph; as well as identifying technical gadgets to help us through our everyday work. Dr. Levitt was available to sign his book: “The Man with the Iron Tatoo: What Our Patients Have Taught Us About Love, Faith, and Healing.” Please feel free to review the PowerPoints that our excellent speakers presented. We also had a room full of vendors to visit with and appreciated their attendance at our meeting as well as a ghost tour of Lancaster on Saturday evening. The PA-AHDI board would like to thank Kathy Lengel and her team for the excellent job they did in preparing for this meeting!
Presenter Power Point Files
Below is a listing of all presenters at the recent PA-AHDI conference. Some of the presenters have allowed us to post their presentations, and you can open them by clicking the title of the presentation.
- Daniel Weber, MD – Jewish Genetic Diseases: A Prenatal Perspective
- Discussion panel on credentialing
- Maggie Costella – Ethics in Healthcare
- Lawrence Levitt, MD – Neurologist and Co-Author of “The Man with the Iron Tattoo: What Our Patients Have Taught Us About Love, Faith & Healing”
- Kenneth Schafer – Emerging Trends in Transcription
- Alan Brader, MD, and Stacey Youcis – Surgical Weight Loss
- Nicholas Rider, DO – Medical Care for Children with Complex Genetic Disease